Fairytale Blog Tag

Hello everyone!
I'm excited to participate in a lovely tag created by the ladies at Fairytale Central. Thank you so much ladies for this fantastic way to celebrate National Tell a Fairytale Day! They have some magical posts as they have been celebrating all month, check out the link-up on their blog to read others' answers to the tag and to join in the fun.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my answers:

– What’s an obscure fairy tale you love?


The Four Gallant Sisters, from the Brothers Grimm.
 I admit I've only read an adapted version, but the same goes for my first experience of many other fairytales. Regardless, I highly recommend this, especially to those who have sisters. ❦

– If you got to choose Disney’s next animated princess movie, what fairy tale would you choose to be adapted?


I would love to see a version of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, however, this might not be the one for Disney.
Maybe a Golden Goose retelling? I can see how the humor of it could be developed, and they could do something special with the characters as well.

– What is the first fairy tale you remember hearing when you were a child?


Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel. My dad always talks about how I could recite Rapunzel word for word. Maybe it made an impact on me, I do have hair down to my knees. :D

– If you were to embark on a fairy tale quest, what necessities would you pack in your bag?



I'm a list person, so here goes:


Bird Seed - not to do a Hansel and Gretel, just for friendly birds.
Food - obviously.
A Shawl - to keep warm.
Sewing Supplies - you never know.
A Book - even fairytale adventures might get a little boring.
A Magical Necklace my grandmother gave me - okay, it's not really magic, it's just very special to me.

– What’s your favorite fairy tale trope?


I like the tests of cleverness {that villains, magical beings, or kings who only sort of want to marry off their daughters use}. I especially like the way it is used in my obscure fairytale above.

– If you could be any fairy tale character archetype (the princess, the soldier, fairy godmother, talking animal, mischievous imp, wise old
woman, evil stepmother/sister, etc.), who would you want to be and why?


Between the Fairy Godmother and the Wise Old Woman. I like helping people, and I get the feeling that these ladies, although sometimes very helpful, mostly get to sit back and watch the show {I bet there's a lot of laughter going on in the background}.

– What animal/mythical creature would be your sidekick for fairy tale adventures?


I have to go with the classic: A horse.

I know it's boring, but I try to be a practical person. However, fairytale horses can be really cool, and very helpful. In an obscure fairytale retelling I like called The King of Ireland's Son the main character has a horse who helps him hide in {successively}: his teeth, his tail hairs, and a nail in his horseshoe, thus enabling him to win a challenge and rescue someone.

– What is your favorite historical era, and what fairy tale would you love to see in that setting?


I must admit that I am somewhat enamored of the Victorian and Georgian eras of British history. I think a Victorian Rapunzel retelling would be really interesting, since long hair was kind of a trend then, and maybe a Georgian Beauty and the Beast, especially since the architecture of this period is so beautiful and classic.

– If you could change a fairy tale’s villain into a hero, who would you choose and why?


There have been several instances of this, but I'm still going to go with either the wolf from Little Red Riding Hood, or Rumplestiltskin.

I think they both have potential to be good, Rumplestiltskin is helpful, the wolf in most retellings is really more symbolic and not actually a wolf, and they both have a connection with the main character that could work out better. I've also read a retelling of each story that made them sort of the heroes, which I really liked.

– Do you prefer fairy tales with happy endings or sad/tragic endings? why or why not? 


Maybe happy endings, or somewhere in between, like The Snow Queen.
I must admit that I don't really remember a lot of fairytales with sad endings, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. If I come across any I might rethink my answer.

Sometime soon I hope to talk about fairytales and tea to go with them.

Thank you again Arielle, Christine, and Faith for this tag! Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Having a horse would be so helpful because you wouldn't have to walk everywhere! Oh, I really like the idea of making the Wolf into the hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! You never know how far you'll have to travel in the course of your fairytale quest.

      Thank you, I've seen it done that way a couple of times and I really liked it.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for joining in! I loved reading your thoughts! A Golden Goose Disney adaptation is such a good idea. I haven't even thought of that. You're so right though, they could probably really put a fun spin on it! And I am SO with you on being a fairy godmother or wise old woman. They're the best. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed answering your questions, you guys made this a lot of fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shakespeare Tag

Girl on the Swing

The Perfect Hobbit Tea